Hashtags originated from Twitter back in the day and have proven to be a pivotal part of posting on Instagram.
We come across many questions as to whether there is a limit to the number of hashtags you can use on social media specifically Instagram? The answer is that you can never have too many.
What are the benefits of using hashtags at all?
- Increase the reach of your posts by appearing in hashtag feeds
- Categorise your posts for improved visibility
- Improve your social following
- Target specific segmented markets
Instagrammers can now follow hashtags so make sure you use hashtags specific to your business to make your posts more engaging.
- Don’t use irrelevant hashtags
- Hide hashtags
- Check what your competitors are using
- Consider ‘related’ hashtags
- Look to your successful posts for trends
- Build a community and social following
- Get found by a relevant, interested audience
Did you know…
“You can include up to 30 hashtags on a regular post, and up to 10 hashtags on a Store” Hootsuite
“According to an analysis by TrackMaven, posts with nine hashtags receive the most engagement”
Hubspot mentions in their blog “Instagram generates around 95 million photos posted on its platform each day types of hashtags/ideas“
If you would like to know more about hashtags on any social media platform please do pop over an email or live chat us and we would be more than happy to help! 🙂